Sports Scholarships :
Games : Football, Cricket, Basketball, Swimming, Lawn Tennis, Skating, Athletics, Horse Riding & Karate
Age Group: 11 years to 17 years i.e. class VI to XI for U-14, U-17 & U-19 level.
Categories: International level player, National & State / Zonal level player.
Duration: 1 Year
No. of seats : 15 students (External & Internal)
Eligibility Criteria for External Student:
- Student representing International / National / State / Zonal level competition for the above mentioned sports from last two academic sessions.
- Student must qualify in skill test & fitness test conducted by PE 'department and to be recommended by Sports Committee.
- 'The student must clear Academic Entrance Test conducted by School with minimum passing marks.
- Verification of all original documents & certificates of the student will be done.
- Sports Committee will forward the names of students for Sports Merit Scholarship to the Pro Vice Chairman for final selection.
Other Conditions :-
- The child who qualifies for the sports scholarship has to participate in all competitions where school team participates.
- If the child refuses to represent school team except on medical grounds, then the scholarship will be withdrawn completely with immediate effect.
- For continuation of scholarship the child must achieve the same achievement based upon which the scholarship was given.
- If the child fails to achieve the same result / achievement for the school team during the period of scholarship, his scholarship will be withdrawn or curtailed.
- The child must secure minimum 50% marks in school annual examination. If the child fails in a class, then the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- Continuation of sports scholarship for the next Session will purely depend upon Student's Sports Performance and recommendation by the Sports Committee.
Undertaking from the parents:
- Parents to give an undertaking that in case his child is unable to maintain sports / academics performance according to the sports policy, the scholarship offered will be fully withdrawn and full fees will be payable by the student / parent, including admission fee for newly admitted students.
- The parent will have to attend the meeting in the school to discuss the Sports and Academic performance of his ward.
- Minimum of 60% attendance to be maintained by the student in the school.
- Medical treatment or expenses towards sports injury to be borne by the parents.
- All legal cases (if any) to be settled in Bhopal district court.
Benefits of Sports Merit Scholarship:
- Freeship / Concession in fees as per the detail given below.
- Remedial or special classes for the players during off season, vacations and stay backs.
- Special policy for grace marks in academic results.
- Attendance (OD) will be given for participation in recognized tournaments/ competitions / coaching camps only on the recommendation of HOD, PE.
- Specially designed track suit will be given to the student.
- One side Air fare will be given from School's side for International Level Participation once in academic Session.
- Special Coaching Classes and Interaction with eminent players / coaches.
Details of Scholarship
- A. International Players
- Exemption in admission fee - 100%
- Exemption in Annual Charges - 100%
- Exemption in Tuition fee - 100% or 75% as per the achievement.
- Exemption in Bus fee - 100%
- Exemption in Registration fee or form
The student has to pay for uniform, bus, books and stationery.
- B. National Level Player
- Exemption in admission fee - 100% (Merit Players), 75% or 50%, as per the achievement.
- Exemption in Annual Charges - 100% or 75% or 50%, as per achievement.
- Exemption in Tuition fee - 100% or 75% or 50% , as per achievement
The student has to pay for registration fee, bus, uniform, books and stationery.
- C. State or Zonal Level Player
- Exemption in admission fee -50% or 25% or Nil, as per the achievement.
- Exemption in Annual Charges - 50% or 25%, as per the achievement.
- Exemption in Tuition fee - 50% or 25%, as per the achievement.
The student has to pay for registration fee, bus, uniform, books and stationery
The existing Dipsites who are eligible for scholarship at different levels will also get the scholarship as mentioned above. However, the registration fee, admission fee, caution money paid by the student at the time of admission WILL NOT be reimbursed.